Our website contains some affiliate links which means that we receive a small commission if you use them to purchase a product that we personally trust, use, and own. This does not cost anything extra to you, it just helps keep us going! Thank you for your support.
Here are some of our favorite travel resources, terrific tips, and the best ways to plan your trips. Check back as we are frequently adding to our list!
TRAVEL HACKING: POINTS & MILES
- Google Flights
- Skyscanner: Skyscanner opens the doors to the many possibilities of travel, including an open search capability. No weekend plans? Enter the keyword ‘Everywhere’ and see what your next destination could hold!
- Seat Guru
CREDIT CARD POINTS
- Evreward: If you are a believer in travel credit cards like we are you’ll love this website! This site allows you to maximize your rewards points by searching websites that you frequently use and seeing which card would reap the most benefits.
HEALTH + SAFETY
- World Nomads: With as much as traveling can cost and how unpredictable life can be, we always buy travel insurance to protect our trips. Perks of having travel insurance: medical expense assistance, emergency transportation, peace of mind for delayed or lost luggage, credit card shortfalls, and so much more!
PLACES TO STAY
- Google Maps: We utilize Google maps for every trip we take. We love it because it also shows you train times and platforms when visiting foreign countries or U.S. cities with train/subway systems.
- Turo: Browse unique cars for rent by local owners in the US and Canada (soon extending to other locations).
- Uber: I think by now everyone is familiar with this popular rideshare app. In our experience, it’s usually more cost-efficient than a taxi. You’ll also always know the estimated cost of your ride before you go so there shouldn’t be any surprises.
Many travel credit cards now offer trip insurance but if you don’t have this available to you or need extra coverage I highly recommend purchasing supplemental travel insurance. Two companies that I recommend are World Nomads and SafetyWing. I have personally used World Nomads in the past but switched to SafetyWing because they have pandemic coverage. Other frequent travelers that I know also swear by these two companies.