The Best Gifts for Travelers
Disclaimer: Some links in this post contain affiliate links and we will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on our links. As always, we only recommend products that we trust and love.
HEY YOU! Do you find yourself frantically trying to find gifts that are far from typical or straining for new ideas? Well… the clock is ticking as the holidays are right around the corner. Oprah has already come out with her favorite things, but come on, we all can’t afford that $200 bath robe!
So here are some ideas on what you could get the traveler, outdoor junkie, yourself, or really… just any awesome person in your life.
- Apple Watch: Pair with your iPhone and enjoy the convenience of having GPS, text, calls and much more right on your wrist!
Cost: 38mm: $269, 42mm: $299
- Columbia OutDry Down Jacket: Waterproof and warm?! Two of the best combinations we couldn’t live without this fall and winter.
Cost: Womens $250, Mens $250
- Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones: Perfect for long flights, these wireless headphones are comfortable enough to sleep in.
- BioLite CampStove Bundle: For those who enjoy camping, you can’t go wrong with this easy to cook on and lightweight CampStove.
- YETI Tundra 35: You might think these are overrated but let’s all remember that they are basically a portable, electricity free, mini fridge that can keep food and drinks cold for days (tested by yours truly).
- GoTenna: Never get lost in the woods (or the city) again with this handy device that pairs with your smartphone via Bluetooth and allows you to communicate by text message and GPS location to others without cell signal. It also allows you to download maps to any country and use GPS without service.
- Global Entry: For the frequent flyer, having Global Entry will save tons of time while making your way through customs and security in many airports around the world.
Here are some added bonuses:
- No processing lines
- No paperwork
- Access to expedited entry benefits in other countries
- Available at major U.S. airports
- Reduced wait times
- TSA Pre✓® Eligibility
Cost: $100/lasts 5 years
- Waterproof Rain Jacket: Everyone needs a high-quality rain jacket while traveling, hiking, camping, etc. We love our jackets from Columbia because they are waterproof (not just resistant) and seam sealed which guarantees you’ll stay dry!
Cost: Womens $80, Mens $99
- ENO DoubleNest Hammock: Know someone looking to lounge around outside or sleep under a starlit sky? This will be their new bff.
- Day Pack Backpack: A pack that withstands against all odds and fits a ton of gear (or gifts I suppose!).
- Podo Camera: Never use a selfie stick again with this tiny, powerful stick and shoot camera.
Cost: Currently $59, available March 2017
- National Park Pass: Want your ticket into nearly 2,000 federal recreations sites? Simply order a National Park Pass and check out the beauty that is waiting for you to explore!
- Amazon Prime Membership: Nothing like having items shipped and delivered directly to your doorstep within two days; but with added bonuses like hundreds of free movies, TV shows, books to rent and other added perks, Amazon Prime is a no-brainer!
Cost: $99/year or $49/year for students
- PackTowl: Quick-drying towels that hold 4x their weight in water, these are great for those on the go.
Cost:$10-$35 depending on the size
- Headlamp: Perfect for camping, hiking, and caving. But also terrific for a travel “night light” when staying up late to read a book.
- Superfeet Insoles: Nothing is more frustrating than having sore, aching feet on a trip, hike, or even on the job. Superfeet is made to perform and with a wide variety of insoles, you are sure to find relief for any task.
- Cairn Subscription Box: Not sure if any of these gifts fit what you’re looking for? A Cairn Subscription Box will send a random assortment of outdoor gear and goodies every month!
- Fujifilm Instax Camera: Try a unique take on photography that is quirky and fun. This camera will have you wanting to “shake it like a polaroid picture” evvvvveryday.
- SOG Fixed Blade Knife: ‘Cause when trekking, you always need a high-quality knife in case of emergencies, for cooking, and more.
- Scratch Travel Journal: A planner and journal that comes with pockets for storing documents and interactive scratch off maps so you can quite literally scratch a place ff your never ending list of wanderlust!
- Inflatable Lantern: Compact, eco-friendly, and it provides significant light while camping out, traveling, backpacking, etc.
- LifeStraw Personal Water Filter: Almost everyone has heard of LifeStraw by now but this personal water filter is a must for those who are traveling to areas with possible unclean water.
- REI Lifetime Membership: REI is a great company that offers many spectacular products to their customers. They also have a terrific lifetime membership in which you receive exclusive opportunities like their seasonal garage sales and a 10% dividend on almost all purchases.
- Portable Power Bank: Slightly smaller than an iPhone and incredibly thin. This Lumsing power bank will recharge your cell phone up to six times.
- LUSH Shampoo Bar & Solid Conditioner: Not only do these work well and smell amaaazing, they’re extremely affordable and compact.
- Travel Clothesline: This is an essential item for all travelers when hotel hopping!
- Anywhere Travel Guide: 75 thrilling cards of fun, interactive prompts to get some travel inspiration flowing.
- Zippo Hand Warmer: Easy to use and provides up to 12 hours of flameless heat.
- Roam Wallet: Fun patterns and accommodates nicely for everyday lifestyle. Also, it stretches enough to hold a passport!
Looking for more gift guides? Check out these below:
Gift Ideas for Travelers -The Savvy Globetrotter
Best Gifts for Eco Travellers -Dan Flying Solo
The Traveller’s Christmas List -Nomads Scrapbook
A Gift Guide for Your Favorite Traveler -Traveling Nine to Fiver
What are some gifts that you’d like to give or receive this holiday season?
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. These come at no cost to you, it just helps keep Pages of Travel running.
Comments & Reviews
Awesome roundup! I’ve added so many of these to my own wish list- thanks for fueling my shopping addiction guys!
Glad that you enjoyed it. We couldn’t help ourselves! We always say that if all else fails, an Amazon gift card will always do too. 😉
So many great ideas! I want a national park pass!
Thank you! We want one too and maybe an RV to take to each one. 😉
Great post and great ideas thank you. And Woe the goTenner sounds amazing! I’m always losing stuff including myself so this may have to go on the wish list. ? Happy travels and have a wonderful Christmas
We love our set of GoTennas! They have been really handing, especially when hiking. Happy travels to you two as well! XO
I love your gift ideas and how you divide them on price groups. It is very handy for my Christmas shopping! So many ideas!
Thank you! I hope they were able to help your Christmas shopping more easy. 🙂
Tamara Elliott says
Great list- I’ve heard really good things about that Lush soap, I need to get my hands on some!
Thank you Tamara! It’s definitely good stuff and very convenient. 🙂
Rhonda Albom says
Great gift ideas. Personally, I am eyeing the power bank (as a gift to myself) because there never seems to be time to charge my phone, especially when I am on the go.
A great gift option and it’s inexpensive! We have three of them in varying styles/sizes and are using them constantly! Definitely valuable for those on the go. 🙂
Howard Blount says
Excellent gift suggestions! I think I should b the YETI Tundra 35 on my Christmas list. Perhaps someone who loves me a lot will gift me.
I hope you receive one! We love ours and use it a lot on long road trips and while camping! 🙂
Thanks so much! I’m glad you found the list helpful. I agree on that, it’s a huge space saver. 🙂
Elaine J Masters says
Nice ideas. I definitely need to follow some of your suggestions. Look out credit limit!!
Thanks Elaine! Glad you found it useful. Hide the credit cards. 😉
Ah my parents have Global Entry and they are obsessed with it. I never considered asking for it as a gift, what a great idea!
Glad to hear they like it! We’ve been toying with it for awhile now. It’s actually on our Christmas List this year. 🙂
Alex Datsev says
Great list; will definitely come in handy with the upcoming holidays!
Glad you found it helpful Alex!
Mar Pages says
These are not only useful, but very pretty and colorful gifts! I’m saving it for this christmas just incase I run out of ideas, thanks for sharing 😉
Thank you so much Mar! We kept thinking of more and more to add but wanted to make sure we had a variety of gift ideas and prices as well. I’m glad you found it helpful! Let us know what you end up getting. 🙂
I love reading gift guides! Also, I’d 100% recommend global entry. I recently got it and can’t believe I ever traveled without it! Great guide, thanks for sharing 🙂
Thank you so much Carmen! We have yet to get Global Entry but have really be wanting to look into it. I’m glad to hear that a fellow traveler recommends it!
It’s something we’ve had our eyes on for awhile as well! Now if only someone would spot us an RV and we could make a grand tour of all National Parks 😉