A Romantic and Rustic Getaway at Big Cedar Lodge
Being tucked away minutes from Branson, Big Cedar Lodge is in a terrific location! There is always plenty to do at this resort to keep everyone entertained. But it is also the perfect location for a romantic getaway or rustic retreat with friends or family.
Other than the fact that Ridgedale is roughly 20-30 minutes from Branson, Big Cedar Lodge has many other draws to help you consider their resort. For example, they have a complimentary tram service that will take you anywhere on the resort without you having to drive.
They also have 8+ restaurants on-site, two golf courses, a luxurious spa, a boat marina where you can rent pontoons/boats and other complimentary water sports, nature trails, and much more! So let’s see why Big Cedar Lodge is one of the ultimate rustic retreats.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which we may make commission from. As always, we only recommend places and products we love!
Booking A Room At Big Cedar Lodge
Big Cedar Lodge offers a variety of rooms at all different price ranges. We typically have stayed at the Wilderness Club timeshare properties. FYI: We do not own a timeshare but have rented them from others who do. We have never been pressured into buying a timeshare when renting them directly from the owner.
Travel Tip: We recommend looking into Wilderness Club rooms for Big Cedar Lodge on eBay as many owners put them on there for lower fees during the weekdays.
What You Can Find at Big Cedar Lodge
Cedar Creek Spa at Big Cedar Lodge
A new addition to Big Cedar Lodge is the Cedar Creek Spa. After our one-hour Swedish couples massage, we both agreed that this was the ultimate romantic getaway spot at Big Cedar Lodge.
When you step inside Cedar Creek Spa you’ll find an inviting walkway and lounge area that will instantly make you feel as if you’ve stepped into a wooded forest with beautiful birch trees.
Upon checking in to your spa appointment you will be shown to either the women’s or men’s retreat area where staff will give you a tour of the facilities. You will be given a personal locker with sandals and a robe to wear during your visit.
After changing for your appointment you will be shown to a tranquil relaxation area. There you can sip on some water, have a light snack, and sit by a cozy fireplace. You will then be greeted shortly and taken to your service.
After your service, you can utilize the co-gender grotto pool, sauna, steam room, or relax in a more private gender-specific pool. After enjoying a morning or afternoon of relaxation, you then can easily begin your day using the open-air showers and complimentary toiletries provided by the spa including lotion, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razors, hairspray and more.
Top of the Rock at Big Cedar Lodge
Another newer spot to visit at Big Cedar Lodge is Top of the Rock. One of our favorite spots on Top of the Rock is the Lost Canyon Nature Trail & Cave Tour. This tour will take you on a winding path of nature, water features, and a hidden cave. We’ve done this excursion in both spring and fall and found that the fall foliage is absolutely beautiful, so if you happen to be visiting Big Cedar Lodge during autumn, don’t miss this!
While you’re at the Top of the Rock you’ll also need to check out the golf course and the driving range. Although neither of us is phenomenal at golf, we really enjoyed hitting some golf balls at the driving range of this signature Par 3 course. Honestly, we might have even pretended we were at the Masters for a moment. 😉
After playing a round of golf you can relax and dine at one of three restaurants at Top of the Rock (more on these in a moment!) or you could grab a drink at the End of the Trail All-American Wine Cellar – stay until sunset, the views are worth it!
Big Cedar Lodge Main Area
In the main area of Big Cedar Lodge, you can shop at the gift store, grab a coffee at the Truman Coffee Shop, or dine at the Buzzard Bar which also has terrific live entertainment nightly. But before we cover the restaurants at Big Cedar Lodge, let’s talk about the activities!
Table Rock Lake
Big Cedar Lodge is located on Table Rock Lake so of course, they have a marina where you can rent boats for a nominal fee or use one of their complimentary kayaks, paddleboards, or paddleboats. There is also a sandy beach area where you can lounge by the water.
One of our favorite activities at Big Cedar Lodge was renting a 1930’s Chris Craft replica to cruise on Table Rock Lake! Although you cannot drive this boat yourself (it’s a classic after all) you still get plenty of time to enjoy a ride on the lake taking you from Missouri to Arkansas.
If you’d prefer to drive a boat or pontoon yourself, that is available too! Just make sure you book your time and date in advance to ensure availability.
Restaurants at Big Cedar Lodge
Big Cedar Restaurants
Buzzard Bar is located below Devil’s Pool and is a bit more casual atmosphere. Each evening from 8:30 PM – 11:30 PM there is live entertainment.
- Sunday | 10:00 AM – Midnight
- Monday – Saturday | 11:00 AM – Midnight
- No reservations accepted, seating is first come first serve.
Devil’s Pool Restaurant offers Southern-style cooking surrounded by rustic, cozy decor. It’s one of our favorites for larger family gatherings because they do accept reservations!
- Daily Breakfast | 7:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Lunch | 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Dinner | 5:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Daily Early Bird Sunset Dinner | 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Sunday Brunch | 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
In a 1920s Tudor-style home is the Truman Cafe. It is our go-to spot for a coffee or quick breakfast or lunch at Big Cedar Lodge.
- Daily | 6:30 AM – 5:00 PM
The Worman House
The Worman House is only available for private functions but I thought it was worth mentioning because a number of weddings and events are hosted by Big Cedar Lodge each year.
- Only available for private functions, to make a reservation contact the Big Cedar Conference Services Team at (800) 225-6343.
Uncle Buck’s Fish Bowl & Grill
Uncle Buck’s Fish Bowl & Grill is located inside Fun Mountain and has classic favorites like pizza, burgers, and sandwiches.
- Sunday – Thursday | 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Friday & Saturday | 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Top of the Rock Restaurants
Buffalo Bar is probably my favorite restaurant at Big Cedar Lodge because of the menu options and the ambiance. It has the best sunset view too!
- Daily | 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM
End of the Trail
End of the Trail offers high-end wines by the glass, whiskey, and cigar humidor.
- Daily | 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Arnie’s Barn was originally a barn in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, the hometown of Arnold Palmer but was moved to Big Cedar Lodge and filled with golf memorabilia. It is located right by the driving range and has contemporary Mexican cuisine.
- Daily | 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
If you’re looking for a romantic restaurant at Big Cedar Lodge, Osage Restaurant takes the cake. It has stunning views of the Ozark Mountains and a fabulous menu and wine selection. They also have a great Sunday brunch!
- Early Bird Sunset Dinner: Monday – Saturday | 4:00 PM- 5:00 PM
- Daily Dinner Service | 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Sunday Brunch | 9:30 AM – 2:00 PM
If you are into visiting the great outdoors another place to visit is nearby Dogwood Canyon, a 10,000-acre nature preserve that is open for hiking, fishing, biking, tram tours and more.
Some recommended activities at Dogwood Canyon:
- Stables: there are a variety of different options when it comes to horseback riding. They offer romantic carriage rides ($25 per person) and trail rides (price depending on the length of time).
- Trout Fishing: Dogwood Canyon offered self-guided fishing for a $20-25 (adult price) depending on if you catch and release or catch and keep. They also offer guided fishing tours for 4 hours at $250 (only eligible for catch and release).
- Guided Tram Tours: We typically enjoy doing our own tour and exploring on our own but this was one that we were glad we took. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable about the history of this preserved nature park. He also allowed us to stop and get off the tram on multiple occasions in order to explore our surroundings. You can see in the photos below the magnificent beauty of this park. We were even able to get up close and personal with bison, elk, and some truly amazing natural springs and water features.
Big Cedar Lodge and Dogwood Canyon will always hold a special place in our hearts and we try to get there as often as we can! Have you been to Big Cedar Lodge?
Like this post? Save it on Pinterest!